Note: Main image shows the mower/ATV hitch accessory.
Hitch available but sold separately.
The medium-sized Standard Mobile Chicken Coop lets you start a flock of eight
happy, healthy egg-layers, yet it's so portable you can move it daily. Wheelbarrow-style
handles lift the load onto easy-rolling pneumatic wheels, so your whole yard
can benefit from a free-range chicken's natural ability to fertilize and control
bugs and weeds through the open floor. Makes lawn care a snap too, with no more
bald spots. Rear door lets you gather fresh eggs without fuss, while side door
gets you in to feed, water and clean. Outdoor rated YellaWood lumber loves the
weather. A built-in platform supports three nesting boxes, included. Keeps your
chickens happy and safe, and your lawn will love it too!
Easy assembly includes attaching roof sheets, front handles, side door latch,
and wheels. The assembly time is estimated at 1-2 hours based on options selected.
- Mobile design allows natural fertilizer, weed and bug control across your
entire suburban garden
- Open bottom design for free-range benefits
- Holds 6-8 standard chickens or 12-14 bantams
- Rear egg-collection door plus side access
- Moves easily by hand on 10-inch pneumatic wheels
- Environmentally certified YellaWood treated lumber withstands outdoor weather
- Includes 3 nesting boxes with perch
- Assembly required, estimated time is 1-2 hours
- Overall dimensions: 8L x 4W x 4H feet, 300 lbs.
- Standard models have an open nesting box and perch area allowing your chickens
to roost and move around as they please
- Northern models have an enclosed nesting box and roosting area, perfect
for protection against predators and chilly Northern temperatures
Standard vs. Northern Option
Standard model coops: Each coop has a nesting and roosting area. The Standard
model's roosting area is open to let your chickens come and go as they please
with laying eggs, but is more susceptible to the elements. Depending on where
you live, you can choose the best option for you and your chickens. Beneath
the main image, the third photo shows a view of the Standard model coop's open
Northern model coops: If you are looking for a little more protection from
the elements and possible predators, than this is the option for you. The Northern
option comes with an enclosed nesting and roosting area for your chickens so
you can be worry free. No matter where you live predators can be a problem,
but now we have a solution that’s just for you. Beneath the main image,
the second and fourth photo show a view of the doors and the extra security
of the enclosed nesting area of the Northern model. This model has the same
2 nesting boxes and roosting platform as the Standard model.
Additional Chicken Coop Info:
- Overall dimensions: 8L x 4W x 4H feet
- Coop size holds 6-8 standard chickens or 12-14 bantams
- Each coop comes with 3 nesting boxes
- Each nesting box measures: 15L x 12W x 15H inches
- The nesting box platform measures: 22L x 41W x 17.5H inches
- Weight: 300 lbs.
- The siding on the coops is pre-primed 7/16 OSB Smartside siding similar
to what is found on many homes and has a 25 year manufacturers warranty.
What's "YellaWood," Anyway?
YellaWood, made by Great Southern Wood Preseving, is a unique, treated lumber
that's protected against rot, fungal and termite decay. For nearly 40 years,
Great Southern Wood has provided this pressure-treated lumber around the country.
They accept only the highest quality yellow pine, then put it through an extensive
preserving process that includes a copper-based solution forced deeply into
the cellular structure of the wood. This is what protects the wood from rot
and attack by insects. YellaWood is certified as an Environmentally Preferable
About Mobile Chicken Coops
Mobile Chicken Coops is a friendly, family-owned business located in Burnet,
Texas, in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. The owners still sell fresh eggs
and produce from their own backyard. They provide affordable and functional
chicken coops just like they themselves use, for weed and bug control, fertilizer,
and healthy, fresh eggs. Their coops can be easily moved daily, so your whole
yard can enjoy the benefits of free-range chickens.
Chicken Coop, lumber and hardware
Dimensions & Specifications:
- Dimensions: 8L x 4W x 4H feet
- Material: Wood
- Wood Type: YellaWood Treated Lumber
- Brand: Mobile Chicken
- Assembly Required: Yes
- Size Code: 6
- OptionsColor: Barn Red, Forest Green, Grey, Tan, Unpainted, White, Yellow
Type: Northern, Standard