This is an over the counter product - it does not require prescription.
A Veterinarian's "first choice" for Bacterial Diarrhea
• Dietary changes (grain overload)
• Secondary Stress
• Foal Stress
• Nondescript diarrhea
A one-time dosage should firm stools within 24 hours.
Primary Use: DiaGel is an orally administered product which may aid
in controlling bacterial diarrhea. DiaGel eliminates bacteria such as E. coli
and Salmonella which occur naturally in the GI tract. Secondary Use: DiaGel
may be used in conjunction with fluid therapy, endotoxin therapy, or antibiotics
to treat secondary infections associated with other causes of diarrhea. Pre-Stress
Use: DiaGel may be administered 2 hours prior to stress induced events (racing,
showing, trailering, stabling, or foaling) to help reduce the incidence of diarrhea.
DiaGel is unique in the way it works. It is an all-natural product that eliminates
bacteria on contract. The active ingredients in DiaGel are thymol and carvacrol,
natural substances derived fro the oregano plant. These ingredients act specifically
against bacterial cells without any toxicity to the host. These is a three step
mode of action:
• Penetration through cell membrane The active ingredients cause a leakage
of intracellular substances altering the permeability of the cell membrane.
• Inhibition of Albumin Synthesis The active ingredients also disrupt
the process of cell breathing in the mitochondria in aeorbic organisms to suffocate
• Metabolism and Excretion A major part of the active ingredients is absorbed
in the intestines. 90% of the absorbed ingredients or its partially metabolized
products is excreted through the kidneys leaving the body as urine/water. The
remaining 10% is excreted through the lungs in the form of CO2.
DiaGel can be used in conjunction with other anti-diarrhea products. When trying
to control diarrhea, use DiaGel first and wait 6-8 hours before administering
DiaGel Diarrhea Control Gel:
• Is very effective for controlling environmental diarrhea in the GI
tract caused by dietary changes (grain overload), foal stress, secondary stress,
and nondescript diarrhea.
• Is a great product to use for foal heat diarrhea.
• Is a good choice for secondary infections associated with other causes
of diarrhea. It will not interfere with other treatment options, both parenteral
• Is an effective and natural alternative.
Features & Benefits:
• A one-time administration may firm stools in 24 hours
• Eliminates bacteria
• Rapid mode of action
• May be administered to horses of all ages
• May be used for pre-stress
• Accu-Administration ring for easy dispensing
• Syringes are individually packed in sealed peel-and-pull pouches
• Product is packaged 6 pouches per carton
• Carton has a perforated tear-out end for easy dispensing