This is an over the counter product - it does not require prescription.
Kills and repels adult fleas
for up to 3 to 4 weeks. Kills flea eggs and larvae for up to 4 months. Kills and
repels ticks for up to 4 weeks, including deer ticks (vector of Lyme Disease),
Brown dog ticks and American dog ticks. It also protects against blood feeding
by mosquitoes (vector of heartworm) for up to 4 weeks. Use only on dogs over 12
weeks of age.
It is a violation of Federal law
to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Read entire label before each use.
Use only on dogs over 12 weeks of
Do not use on cats or animals
other than dogs. May be toxic and potentially fatal if applied to or ingested by
cats. Do not get this product in your dog's eyes or mouth. Repeat applications
may be made if necessary, but do not apply more often than once every 3 weeks,
except to reapply after shampooing the dog.
For Dogs Weighing 33 lbs. to 66
lbs.: Apply approximately half of the tube (1.5 mL) of BIO SPOT®
solution as a spot or stripe to the dog's back between the shoulder blades and
apply the rest of the tube's contents (1.5 mL) as a spot or stripe to the dog's
back directly in front of the base of the tail. Or apply the entire tube (3.0 mL)
as a continuous stripe on the dog's back starting between the shoulder blades
and ending directly in front of the base of the tail.
How To Apply: Remove product tube
from package. Holding tube with notched end pointing up and away from face and
body, snap or cut off narrow end at notches. Invert tube over dog and use open
end to part dog's hair. Squeeze tube firmly to apply all of the solution to the
dog's skin. Wrap tube and put in trash.
is an effective and easy to use product. BIO SPOT®
has demonstrated greater than 92% control of fleas within one day of
application. BIO SPOT® prevents eggs from fleas
on treated dogs from developing into biting adults for up to 4 months. BIO SPOT®
kills and repels Deer Ticks (vector of Lyme Disease), Brown Dog Ticks, and
American Dog Ticks for up to 4 weeks. BIO SPOT®
also kills and repels mosquitoes and protects against bloodfeeding by mosquitoes
(vector of heartworm) for up to 4 weeks.
Do not use on cats or animals
other than dogs. Do not use on puppies under 12 weeks of age.
Hazards to Humans and
Domestic Animals: Caution:
Hazards to Humans: Harmful if
swallowed. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Causes moderate eye
irritation. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling.
Hazards to Domestic Animals:
For external use on dogs only. Do not use on puppies under 12 weeks of age.
Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged,
medicated, pregnant, or nursing dogs. Consult a veterinarian before using on
dogs with known organ dysfunction. Do not use on cats or animals other than
dogs. Cats which actively groom or engage in close physical contact with
treated dogs may be at risk of serious harmful effect. Certain medications
can interact with pesticides. It is advisable to consult a veterinarian
before using this product with any other pesticide or drug.
If Swallowed: Call a Poison
Control Center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a
glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do
so by a Poison Control Center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an
If in Eyes: Hold eye open and
rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses,
if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a
Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice.
In case of emergency or for
product information, call (602) 285-1660, Monday-Friday, 7:00 AM-3:45 PM
Have the product container or
label with you when calling a Poison Control Center or doctor, or going for
Adverse Reactions: Some
animals may be sensitive to ingredients in this product. Reactions in dogs
may include skin sensitivity. Dogs may show lethargy, increased pruritus
(itchiness), erythema (redness), rash and hair discoloration or hair loss at
the application site. Observe the dog following treatment. Sensitivity may
occur after using any pesticide product on pets. If signs of sensitivity
occur, bathe your dog with a mild, non-insecticidal shampoo and rinse with
large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian
Environmental Hazards: This
product is extremely toxic to fish. Do not add directly to water. Do not
contaminate water when disposing of product or packaging.
Do not contaminate water, food
or feed by storage or disposal.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry
place. Protect from freezing. Pesticide Disposal: Securely wrap original
container in several layers of newspaper and discard in trash.
Container Disposal: Do not
reuse empty container. Wrap container and put in trash.
Keep out of reach of children.
Notice of Warranty: Farnam
Companies, Inc. makes no warranty of merchantability, fitness for any
particular purpose, or otherwise, expressed or implied concerning this
product or its uses which extend beyond the use of the product under normal
conditions in accordance with the statements made on the label.