This is an over the counter product - it does not require prescription.
EicosaDerm is the first hi-potency EPA (Omega-3) product
available to the veterinary market.
Dogs & cats have strict dietary requirements for certain
polyunsaturated fatty acids that are important for maintaining skin and hair
coat conditions, reproductive function & tissue repair.
Current research shows that Omega-3 fatty acids also play an
important role in mediating and regulating inflammatory, immune & aggregatory
responses within the body.
Omega-3 offers considerable potential for disease prevention
and in the therapeutic management of a wide variety of clinical disorders.
Subsequently Omega-3 supplements have been used in veterinary
trials, predominately in animals with inflammatory and immune-based conditions,
with very favorable clinical responses.
EicosaDerm has 16.5 calories per 2 mL.
Features & Benefits
- Easy to use 8 oz or 32 oz liquid pump
- Trouble-free exact dosage
- One pump per 20 pounds
- 360 mg EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid)
- 240 mg DHA (docasahexaenoic acid)
- 10 IU - Vitamin E
- No sugars or starch
- Preservative free
- Excellent value
Omega-3 supplements are beneficial but not limited to the
- Dermatologic diseases: atopic dermatitis, food allergies,
flea bite allergy, seborrhea complex, pyoderma, dry & dull coats
- Degenerative joint disease: hip dysplasia, pelvic arthritis
- Thromboembolic disease (dogs)
- Eosinophilic granuloma complex
- Behavioral disorders
- Kidney, liver, bladder and cardiac problems