This is an over the counter product - it does not require prescription.
EicosaDerm is the first hi-potency EPA (Omega-3) product available to the veterinary
Dogs & cats have strict dietary requirements for certain polyunsaturated
fatty acids that are important for maintaining skin and hair coat conditions,
reproductive function & tissue repair.
Current research shows that Omega-3 fatty acids also play an important role
in mediating and regulating inflammatory, immune & aggregatory responses
within the body.
Omega-3 offers considerable potential for disease prevention and in the therapeutic
management of a wide variety of clinical disorders.
Subsequently Omega-3 supplements have been used in veterinary trials, predominately
in animals with inflammatory and immune-based conditions, with very favorable
EicosaDerm has 16.5 calories per 2 mL.
Features & Benefits
- Easy to use 8 oz or 32 oz liquid pump
- Trouble-free exact dosage
- One pump per 20 pounds
- 360 mg EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid)
- 240 mg DHA (docasahexaenoic acid)
- 10 IU - Vitamin E
- No sugars or starch
- Preservative free
Animal Weight Recommended Daily Amount
- 1-10 lbs - 1/2 pump
- 11-20 lbs - 1 pump
- 21-40 lbs - 2 pumps
- 41-60 lbs - 3 pumps
- 61-80 lbs - 4 pumps
Omega-3 supplements are beneficial but not limited to the following conditions:
- Dermatologic diseases: atopic dermatitis, food allergies, flea bite allergy,
seborrhea complex, pyoderma, dry & dull coats
- Degenerative joint disease: hip dysplasia, pelvic arthritis
- Thromboembolic disease (dogs)
- Eosinophilic granuloma complex
- Behavioral disorders
- Kidney, liver, bladder and cardiac problems