Brightwell Aquatics CoralAmino Amino Acid Supplement, 60 ml
- Complex of free-form amino acids in the same ratios found within tissues
of stony corals
- Beneficial to all corals (stony and soft), as well as solitary and colonial
- Free-form amino acids:
- Provide the building blocks of coral tissue in ideal ratios to encourage
the formation of new tissue
- Encourage new tissue growth to repair damage incurred during fragmentation
- Encourage growth by budding and fission
- Encourage vibrant coloration
- Formulated based upon data compiled by oceanographers researching coral
- Does not require refrigeration
- Formulated by a marine scientist.
Brightwell Aquatics CoralAmino is a complex that closely approximates ratios
of amino acids present in many species of stony corals; the formulation is based
upon extensive research conducted on tropical coral reefs by oceanographic researchers.
While the ratios of amino acids present in coral tissue vary between species,
general ratios are approximately maintained, enabling an effective average to
be created that will benefit not only stony corals, but also soft corals, solitary,
and colonial polyps (e.g. Xenia, Anthelia, Zoanthus, Discoma, Actinodiscus,
The amino acids are present in their most elementary form (”free-form”) rather
than being accounted for by their presence in a food or complex nutrient; in
this fashion, they are readily available to corals and their allies. The main
benefit of this quality is the ease in which corals can assimilate the amino
acids into their tissue for the purpose of growth and tissue repair. Secondary
benefits of some amino acids are their role in enhancing the coloration of corals.
Corals maintained under optimal chemical and environmental conditions are
able to reproduce (both sexually and asexually) more rapidly when the required
nutrients are available. The presence of these free-form amino acids is particularly
important to corals that have undergone, or will undergo, fragmenting or other
means of propagation in which some amount of tissue is damaged.